Sunday, February 11, 2007

Where's the Safty Instructions for These?


Abby's class was given CTR rings today. She showed me her cute hand wearing the cheap green ring. (when I was a kid, we had to earn money so we could buy our own, I think it was all of $.45)
After church I changed into some comfy clothes and had just picked up a book to read. Abby came running into the family room gasping, crying, coughing. She croaked out, "Mom, I swallowed my CTR ring." The thing was caught in her throat thanks to the poky edges. Rick jumped up and stuck his fingers down her throat trying to make her gag. Unfortunately she isn't like her brother who can throw up at the mention of vegetables. After several attempts he was able to turn the ring and bring it back up. I was standing by Abby holding her, and crying with her (I'm such a great help). After Rick got it out, she asked if she was going to die. The ring is now tucked safely in my jewelry box, she said she cannot wear it right now. We have yet to figure out what the ring was doing in her mouth to begin with. Thank goodness Rick has long fingers!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Oh my gosh! She swallowed it?! That must have been so scary, but it cracks me up too! Poor Abby and poor Heather! I'm impressed by Rick's quick thinking.

Since she's not wearing it, at least the ring isn't going to turn her finger green. One crisis avoided! haha!

wendy said...

Oh, No, poor abby. Maybe that's why our ward doesn't give out CTR rings. Maybe she could wear it on a necklace - then she won't be able to swallow it, and it won't turn her finger green!

wendy said...

Hey Heather - Carrot Jello is trying to get blog comments from people in all 50 states. She needs you. Go over and just say Hi.

http://oinkledoinkle.blogspot.com/