Friday, November 7, 2008

Christmas is just around the corner, unbelievable until you walk into a W-mart where they already have Christmas music playing. Rick's family gets very specific about gifts and wish lists. I have always had a hard time spelling out what I want, because
A. I feel embarrassed to actually ask for something specific.
B. I can never think of anything I really want.
C. I dislike knowing what I am getting, I like surprises.
My sister-in-law Rannie always gets me the coolest most surprising fun crafty gifts, they make me want to shop with her. And she doesn't shop from my want list. Other family members need help in choosing gifts. Over the years I've come to appreciate those lists, how handy is it to know that so and so likes black socks and someone else wants season 2 of Northern Exposure.

Every year I am very slow in getting my list together. This year I've decided to start early. I've decided to come up with my wish list now. Instead of telling the family I need silicone muffin pans I want to gather up a cool, fun, surprising, exciting list of what I want/need. (ok, this is sounding a bit selfish, but family members are asking and I have a good idea what my kids want-like) Maybe if I write my list now, I'll forget what I asked for by Christmas time. Here's the problem, aside from having Clean H0use come in and clean/organize/paint, I have no ideas as to what I want. Any ideas? What do you want for Christmas? What do your kids want for Christmas? Keep it clean, or I'll delete it.
Happy Holidays
Heather

2 comments:

wendy said...

You want a trip to hawaii!

And your own buggie board.

that about covers it!

Unknown said...

You are so good. . .I could give Scott a list a mile long. My only advice is to put things on the list that you KNOW that you would NEVER buy for yourself. Make it really count!