Saturday, October 20, 2007

Pictures, Now with Words

We made these candles the other day. I cut out the letters, B,O,O out of some dark colored paper, then glued them to the back of white tissue paper. We then wrapped them around some jelly jars and glued the ends together. Later we put candles inside and lit them. The burnt edges were purely accidental, one stray match caught the tissue paper on fire, we decided we liked the effect and made the others match. The kids had a fun time helping, plus it was very easy and low mess!
Michelle's class when to the pumpkin patch on Tuesday. Notice her cute new hair cut?
Crissy really enjoyed sitting on pumpkins, her back side was pretty muddy by the time we got home.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Heather, I love the photos. Your candle holders are so cute, I think I wanna copy them!

Deanne said...

Like the pumpkins and candles!!! Cute pics of your girls too!

Super Happy Girl said...

What cute girls :D

wendy said...

Heather - I love those candles. I think Emily and I will make some today!

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures. I love Michelle's new hair cut. Halloween is such a fun time of the year. Mom

Mary said...

Great job on the candles, they are so cute! Michelle's haircut is so grown up and Christine looks like she had a great time. How cute!

Unknown said...

just noticed that i am not on your list of sisters o' mine ... thought you should know..!