Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Get to Work, Part 2 of Harvest

My mother in law came out the last few days of harvest to help us pick our forrelle pears. She is a work horse. After taking this photo, she told me to stop taking pictures and get to work. She also kept telling me that every pear we pick is one our workers didn't have to pick. My thoughts were the exact opposite, every pear they picked was one less I had to pick. Did I mention I had a horrible cold and felt like and elephant was sitting on my chest?
Here she is again, this time she is picking from the top of a 10 foot ladder. I'm above her standing on a 12 foot ladder. Once again I wasn't picking, just taking pictures and enjoying our beautiful view.
Yesterday Abby came running into the house, so excited because she was picked as "Wildcat of the Week". Her school picks one boy and girl from each grade to be the Wildcat of the Week. The school takes a picture and interviews the student asking them their likes and dislikes. One of Abby's likes....High Sch00l Musical. We watched it many times this summer. My kids are obsessed. Abby saved up money to buy the cd. In the photo above, she is dancing to her favorite music. One small coincidence; their school is called Eastside, while ours is West and both have Wildcats as their mascots.

6 comments:

Super Happy Girl said...

I see awesome family time :)

Unknown said...

man your kids are not the only kids that love highschool musical. we have everything highschool musical...plates, napkins, even their standups!

Anonymous said...

Great photos. It's so funny how totally obsessed Abby is with that movie!

Steph said...

If you come out and visit your parents, you can take your kids to see the high school where the movie was filmed!! Right here in good SLC at East High School. :)

Not sure if you knew that.
You sure have beautiful kids. :)

Steph (Mary's BYU Roommate)

wendy said...

Abby is Awesome!

Every night I hear dueling High School Musical CD's. Emily and JOhn listen in their room and Sydney listens in her room....

Get your head in the game....

Rannie said...

nice picture of mom- I love the pics of the kids- tell them all hi from me and tell Attitude congrats on being the wildcat of the week- grrrrowl!