Thursday, November 1, 2007

HALLOWEEN

Here' are the kids, anxious to start Trick or Treating. This year my mother-in-law came with us, I think she enjoyed going with us. This was the first year I can recall that there wasn't any rain, wind or freezing temperature. Two layers of pj's under the costumes were all we needed to wear this year. The jackets stayed in the car, people were able to tell that the kids were dressed up.
This is the one and only costume I made this year. I think it turned out beautifully. The silk fabric was so slick, combined with a slippery lining and even more slick satin blanket binding. At the care center one older man was really impressed by Abby's costume. I told him that I made it myself. He said it was too bad that none of the Japanese elderly people were around to enjoy it. I told him we brought our own and introduced him to Hana.
Abby has asked to keep this out so she can play dress-up with it. I would like to put it away in our costume box. What would you suggest?
We stopped by the Fire Station for candy, Peter was so excited to tell the Fireman that he was a firefighter. The Fireman barely responded, Peter was a bit disappointed by his lack of enthusiasm.
Michelle was so excited for Halloween, every morning for the last week or so she'd ask me if she could wear her pumpkin costume and go get candy.
Cristine was a cute ladybug. This was the last time we saw her hat and pink sock, not sure why she has it on her hand. She was a big hit with the patients at the Care Centers we visited.
Somehow she keeps finding candy, I think it is all hidden away, then I find her with a lollipop in her mouth. I need to go look for candy hiding places in the kids room.

6 comments:

Mary said...

The kids are so cute! I love Abby's costume, you did a great job. Very pretty. I also love that she's wearing boots with it :)

I'm glad you guys had a fun time!

Super Happy Girl said...

You made that!?! WOW!!! I'm so impressed, she looks beautiful.
Cute kids.

I'd let her wear it. She'll treasure those memories of playing dress up forever. And really, they do grow up so fast, you'll be glad you did.

Deanne said...

Abby's costume is fabulous! My suggestion is this: let her play with it for a while, then put it in the costume box. You put too much work into it for it to be worn only a handful of times.

Phooey on the fireman and his lack of enthusiasm for Peter's costume!!

Anonymous said...

The kids look so great. i was going to go trick or treating with you, but my enthusiasm was lacking with my boys gone over the holiday. Abby's costume is so great. I am bummed too that the fireman didn't act so excited that Peter was dressed up like a fireman.

wendy said...

What cute costumes! Abby's turned out so great! I keep our costumes in the dress up box, though nicer ones get hung up in the closet and not chucked into the tote. I figure they may as well have fun with them all year, not just one night!

Boo to that fireman! Peter looks so cute!

Unknown said...

so cute!!! Good job on Abby's costume, very impressive! (i didn't notice the boots with it so i will have to go back and look) All the kids look so cute!!
p.s. have fun with Bridger tomorrow!