Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Bit O'Bragging


Here's a quick update on what our kids have been up too:

Abby-performed a Hula in our ward's talent show (Wendy, I think she's ready to visit-maybe your girls can give her some needed tips on moving her hips).
Her 2nd grade class gets to go swimming for the next 2 weeks (how come Sonoma School never let us use the nice indoor pool on the same property?).

Peter-threw-up on the bus yesterday, adding another fun stop on our family's puke tour. He is learning to read, and it is fun to listen to him spell, fan, pan, ran, can, rat, pat, hat etc. He loves the book Chicka-Chicka-Boom-Boom and has been re-illustrating it, pages can be found allover our house.

Michelle-gave her first talk in Primary. She was so cute, spoke loud and clear, even though the microphone was broken. I am looking for more easy, kid friendly talks that go along with this year's Primary theme, post them to the comments if you have any!

Cristine-is now folding her arms when we pray, and mumbles her own words, throws her arms up, saying 'ahhh' and claps. She is starting to talk, saying 'ashe ashe la la down' (from Ring-Around-the-Rosie).
Rick-has been out pruning the last week or so, he's almost finished with all the big cuts, then the workers will shape the trees. Since my blog name is Orchard Girl, I plan on taking a few pictures of what is happening outside my door. I think we get to help in gathering up the brush.
Me-my headaches have almost disappeared and I got over the same stomach flu Peter had. This weekend I am taking a SCUBA course. I'm excited, but worried. I keep worrying that I'm not retaining any of the stuff I'm reading about, or I'll have a major cramp in my legs that keeps me from passing the course. Yikes! Wish me luck!
Heather

5 comments:

Carrot Jello said...

I was just thinking to myself, "I wonder what Orchard Girls family is up to." Now I know. Thanks for the update!

Super Happy Girl said...

I love wards' talent shows!

Why is everybody sick? what is going on out there? This is why I'm staying home (nothing to do with blogging all day, nope).

Wishing you a great week :)

Mary said...

Orchard Familia is busy! How cool that little Petey (Do you guys ever call him that?) is already spelling!

Sorry about all the puking. That stinks ;)

Deanne said...

Hey! Sonoma DID let us use the pool! Did you not join us in the summer when we would walk down and stand in the long line to join the whole school population and their families in the too-warm pool??? I remember going with your sisters! Where were you??? The pool wasn't open all the time but it was open on occasion in the summers.

wendy said...

It would have been fun if Sonoma let us swim for PE during the school year, when the warm water would have been just right.

Hula! How fun!

Sorry I missed this message, I don't know how I did that!