Friday, October 31, 2008

Harvest Post 2- FINALLY


These two pictures were taken from our driveway the other morning. The pink one was taken first, as I raced to school to get the kids to school on time. The first one, really second in order, was taken on the way home.
We have had the most amazing beautiful fall I ever seen. I think it has something to do with not having much rain. One customer told me that this was the most colorful, beautiful fall he'd seen in 20 years. Since I've only lived here for 16, that makes sense. The rain started last night, just in time for Halloween.

I know I left you waiting, but here, finally, are pictures of my new tractor. Isn't it pretty? This little orange tractor is so zippy. Forward and Reverse are in on pedal-so no more shifting.



This is my other reason for liking this tractor so much, the seat. But not the seat part, the behind the seat part.


See that, the seat has a secret compartment, just wide enough to hold a book. Perfect for those slow moments when no one has need of my kickin tractor skilz. Books read during harvest 3. By the way this is all top secret, mr. farming husband gets a bit grouchy if he finds me out reading.




My back up tractor drivers gave it their approval. They both liked the no shifting thing, not having to use a clutch rocks. One even told me that the cup holder was muy bueno, he was never seen very far from his can of coke. Cup holders on a tractor, almost makes work like a joy ride.




We have had the most amazing beautiful fall I ever seen. I think it has something to do with not having much rain. One customer told me that this was the most colorful, beautiful fall he'd seen in 20 years. Since I've only lived here for 16, that makes sense.









4 comments:

Mary said...

What a fun post! I love Mt. Hood - you are so lucky to have that kind of view! And your tractor is way cool. The orange color is very cute and I like your secret compartment for holding a book!

wendy said...

Beautiful pictures! I love your super secret book holder! You are awesome!

Deanne said...

after all these years of having cup holders, it's still surprising how they continue to bring us joy! :)

orchard_girl said...

Thanks guys, I love my tractor. Why isn't blogger letting me edit my posts? It won't let me get back in to get rid of the double paragraph. Arrgh.

Hope you all had a fun Halloween