Sunday, July 1, 2007

Craft Time and a Family Reunion

Abby's apron "peace out"
Abby showing Peter's apron
Abby wearing Michelle's apron. Could we get a new pose please?
After having our kids fight over the same apron each time we bake anything I decided it was time to have a sewing lesson. We found some fun fabric at JoAnn's and bought quilt binding for the ties (thank you Mary for the fast edging idea!). The kids helped cut the fabric and pushed the pedal while I steered the fabric. They were so excited by the finished results they wore them all day.
Grandma McBride with Grandma Weimer
Grandma Weimer with a few of her many grandkids
Look at that pouty face!

Grandma Weimer with a few of her great grandkids
Celebrating Grandma's 90th birthday
Since I took several days off so we could go to Erin's wedding, work was a little reluctant to give me more time off. I had a kind co-worker agree to work for me on Saturday so we could race over to La Grande, Oregon. We had lots of fun swimming with my cousins and their kids. We were able to spend more time with Grammy McBride, Erin and Bridger. We were also able to celebrate Grandma Weimer's 90th birthday. It was so fun to see a few of my cousins and meet their families. Uncle Brent taught everyone a fun new card game, but we left in the middle of the game, and I didn't really figure it out. These reunions are always such a fun event, hopefully at the next reunion in 2 years more of us will be able to attend.


Note to Peter, please don't ride the merry go round after eating lots of chocolate cake.

8 comments:

Carrot Jello said...

Cute aprons! Your grandma is cute too!

Super Happy Girl said...

I love the aprons. Maybe one day I'll make something cute like that.
Aww, your grandma, with all the great grandkids! How awesome is that? What a great day.
Way to go for the co-worker who covered for you :)

Mary said...

Heather, I'm so glad you were able to go, even if it was just for the day. I wish I had thought of how close it was to the wedding, I might have figured out a way to go while we were in the west. Dang!

Those pictures are great! Grandma Faye is so cute! Her hair is longer than I've seen it.

Unknown said...

Heather is was so fun spending time with you last week. And thanks so much for the DELICIOUS food! love you Erin

wendy said...

I love the aprons! I also love your model! She's adorable!

I'm so glad you were able to make it to the reunion - Grandma Faye is adorable!

Inspiration Move said...

The pictures of the reunion are so cute. I love the aprons. What a great idea. I think the boys would like those too!

orchard_girl said...

Mary-aunt Sue said that she combed Grandma's hair, but couldn't figure out what to do with it. It is so fine, so she kind of combed it back and called it good. I think it looked a lot better than the Don King look she could have had.

NCS- you should come to HR to make fun aprons with us.

Anyone want to trade aprons for some other crafty thing? You'll have to put up with my poor sewing skills.
Heather

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of my mom. She is in need of a haircut but we didn't have time to get it done. Mom