Thursday, July 12, 2007

8 Things About Me

Deanne at Fragile Flower tagged me to list 8 things you didn't know about me. Since I couldn't get these pictures to work yesterday, I'm going to try to combine the two. 1. This cute puppy adopted our home Sunday. I need to take him to the vet to see if he has a chip. But he came without a tag or collar. Can we keep him? The kids are in love. Need some name ideas!
2. Instead of helping Cristine climb, I grabbed my camera and took pictures of her stuck climbing our play structure.
3. We made fun shirts for the kids to wear in the HR parade. I also made fun hats, but the kids were too hot or maybe to embarrassed? to wear them.
4. While at the port enjoying BBQ and friends, Michelle was lured off by the tinkling of the Ice Cream truck. Peter and I were at the suburban getting clean clothes and heard the ice cream man mention a lost girl. Couldn't be mine, they were busy playing with new friends. Several minutes later a family brought her to our picnic area. I had no idea she had been missing! (bad mommy!) I received a great lecture from people who don't know me on how to be a better parent. They claimed she didn't know her way back and took her all around trying to find her family. The ice cream truck was only 20 feet from our picnic area, and we'd been walking around all day. I think if they hadn't stepped in, she could have made it back just fine. Was Michelle upset-no, she was upset that she didn't have any money for ice cream and the driver wouldn't give her a free sample
5. I love to use my new camera to take pictures of my kids, this one included. Well at least the ones I have with me, not the ones I'm trying to loose (that's a joke people)
6. We tried to leave on a camping trip yesterday, only to get a mile from town, stopped by a blow out on the trailer. The spare tire's valve stem was bad, so Rick left Abby, Peter and myself on the side of the road, with the trailer, while he went home to fix the spare. We sat on a towel in the grassy area watching cars, trucks and trains speed by. With a trailer full of food we ate Popsicles and chips, counted trucks and told stories. Rick came back after a while, put the fixed spare tire on and we headed back home for the night. We are now waiting for him to return from Les Schwabs with a new spare tire (changing the shredded old tire into a new spare) so we can return on our way.
7. I haven't changed out of my jammies yet, it 9am, we're supposed to be ready to go, but I'm feeling lazy and decided to update my blog instead.
8. At this moment, I've decided it is time to move, check spell check once more, post my new post and take a shower.
Be back Sunday
Heather

6 comments:

Deanne said...

Is new-dog going with you on your trip?? I hope you make it farther on your trip this time! Oh, and I hope you come home with all your kids! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great post. A new puppy? How fun, I hope ou can keep him. A tire blow-out? Scarey, that would have been a wreck for me. I can't come out for dinner, Jon is busy working, and my car needs to get work done before I take it on the highway. Have fun camping

Unknown said...

have fun camping! try not to loose ALL your kids! hehe! love you!

wendy said...

Cute pup! I'd go with Blacky Joe. I've been wanting to use that name, but I'll let you if you want it!

I love that you lost Michelle. I love "helpful" adults. They get especially concerned on the beach...

Super Happy Girl said...

Blacky Joe. I like that.
Michelle should have gotten a free sample, after all, she was a "lost child" for a few minutes.
So, where was this?

Mary said...

Wasn't Blacky Joe the name of a kid in the Lao Branch back in Modesto?

Do you get to keep the dog?

I love the HR 4th of July festivities! So fun!