Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Updates



Here's a few more pictures. The first one is taken on a large old growth tree stump. The third picture is of Peter and my sister in law, Marianne, if you look closely you can see Abby's flaming marshmallow.
+++++
Bread update
I guess I am that sort of friend. I mentioned I was trying to make a batch of bread. After going to the store to pick up baking soda, I finished the loaf. Peter, Michelle and Cristine loved it. Abby didn't like the chocolate chips I'd added. I got rid of 3 sacks of bread, instead of giving them to friends, I threw them away. Yesterday I made my second batch, but I don't think I'll make any more. I can make very good bread all on my own, without having some stinky stuff telling me when I need to bake. So I think I'll stick to my own recipes for banana, zucchini or pear bread. Any bets if Peter will eat them if I add chocolate chips?

5 comments:

wendy said...

Your clamming trip looks like so much fun! The flaming marshmallow is great!

I'm impressed that you were able to make a loaf of friendship bread, but i think throwing away the starter gives you 7 years of bad luck. ha ha!

Mary said...

Very cute pictures! I love the one of you and Christine, she is getting so big!

Deanne said...

That's too funny...you threw the bread away?? Yeah, I'm with Wendy, I think that must mean something or at least earn you bad luck. : )

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! Maybe that's why we have been having such bad luck lately. I threw that darn starter stuff away at least 6 years ago. Only 1 more year to go. Mom

orchard_girl said...

There must be some way of redeeming yourself after breaking the friendship bread chain. Maybe after my next batch has babies, I'll send it all fedex to you...ha ha ha!