Thursday, May 17, 2007

Am I really that good of a friend?

10 days ago a friend gave me a ziplock bag filled with a stinky gooey mass. She said it was Amish Friendship Bread. She also said it was alive and needed to be squished daily and fed on day 5. Several years ago another friend gave me some. I forgot to squish it, then later used a metal spoon. I was worried I'd killed it, so I gave as a peace offering to the coyotes that roam behind our house. Now that I'm a mom, I've been able to keep a few things alive, so I thought I'd give this bread a try. I mixed a bowl full of ingredients to make a coffee cake like thing, but I forgot to buy baking soda, hopefully it will survive the night in my fridge. Now have 3 new 'babies' that need to find a home, are you a good enough friend to keep them alive?

5 comments:

Super Happy Girl said...

Bwahahahaha! That's too funny.
A sister form our ward gave Millie and I some of that Friendship bread thing.
So we are on th ephone one lovely day and she asks me how the bread is doing:
"fine, yours?"
"well...it's ok I guess"
"it smells really bad..."
"yeah"
"so...I threw mine away"
"ME TOO!!"

There you have it, we are really bad friends :(

Mary said...

I have never seen one of those baggies of goo turn into a loaf of bread. I guess I'm not a good enough friend :)

Deanne said...

Oh I've done that! I like the bread, it's yummy! Afterwards I handed out my baby baggies to my friends.....I don't think they really appreciated it. Oh well.

Rima Family said...

Heather, this made me laugh because I've been given a bag of "goo" before too! I had really good intentions, but ended up eventually throwing it away!

By the way, we are coming up for the reunion. We are really excited and are also going to sneak up to Seattle to see one of my dearest friends that was a "roomie" from Ricks College! Are you coming to the reunion? It would be awesome to see your family! We'll keep in touch before then...I hear crying from a little one, I'd better go for now...

wendy said...

I have killed that stuff, too! But my friend Janene brought me a loaf of bread from the mix once, so I know it is possible...