Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Birthday Wishes




I mentioned in the last post that 3 of our 4 kids were having birthdays. Yesterday we celebrated Abby's 8th birthday. Tomorrow night we continue the celebration by having a party with several friends at Pietro's Pizza. Then on May 5th, Abby will be getting baptised. I can't believe that my little girl is now 8. Time goes amazingly fast! Fun presents-20 questions electronic game, an electronic tomigochi (sp?), a cute dress to wear to her Baptism and more!

Michelle turned 4 on April 4th. We had a fun family party, Michelle was so cute and her excitement was contagious. She kept telling me that I needed to take her shopping for a birthday present. Fun presents-a new tea set, a cute outfit, princess books and more!

Peter can barely wait for his birthday next week. He keeps telling me his birthday is on May seventh, sounds quite similar to second. He also keeps mentioning all his friends names as a subtle hint as to who needs to be invited to his party. I need to finish shopping for him, must buy more train tracks, Thomas is in need.

After having a small party at MacDonald's a large party at Pietro's tomorrow, I'm feeling rather birthday-ed out. Any ideas for an easy friend Party for Peter?

++++++

Last week we went clam digging, again. Rick is planning to go again in May. We got to spend an afternoon with Anna and her cute boys. Rick's sister, Marianne, her husband Dean and one of their sons, Brady came out the next day. It is so fun to be able to see family!

Here is my to do list. I need a bit of motivation since the nap is calling to me!

  1. laundry, finishing washing, fold, PUT IT AWAY!
  2. straighten up
  3. get kids papers sorted and put away. (it's fun when teachers send home all their work for the past quarter, but wow, that's a lot to deal with at once!)
  4. Clean, cook and freeze large clams
  5. take a shower (to wash off the clam smell)
  6. take a nap
  7. get to work on time (2pm!)
  8. 6pm, rush home from work
  9. make dinner
  10. help Abby with homework
  11. give kids a bath
  12. read to kids
  13. put kids to bed

YIKES too much to do. Maybe I'll take a nap first!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday to your whole gang! I'm so glad that Michelle and Katie share birthdays. So fun!

Deanne said...

Whoa you're a busy mama! Let's see...easy b-day party for a 4 year old. Well, for two years I did a simple get together for Mae instead of a party. We met at a park and even had everyone bring their own sack lunch, I did provide the cupcakes. It was great! No set up, kids played, had cupcakes, went home, no clean up. Can't get much easy than that! I wish you well, just make sure to blog about it to let the non-McSistas know what you did! :)

wendy said...

Happy Birthday everybody! I was just going to suggest meeting at the park. Bring cupcakes. Play. Then end.

We are in partee mode over here, too.

Mary said...

Happy Birthday big kids! What fun!

I vote for a park party too! We have been to one and it was so easy for the parents and fun fun fun for the kids! You could meet at Children's Park in town and set up the cake and a few easy snacks like trail mix or cheese and crackers at a table and just let the kids run wild playing while you get to sit and chat with their mamas. Easy, cheap, very little cleanup, happy kids worn out and ready for a nap when you are done!

orchard_girl said...

I feel like I need to update my to-do list (some things took several days to finish), but I don't think I accomplished much. I did go to work, have 1 more load of laundry, the kids have taken baths and are in bed, never did get that nap and dinner was easy rice and tofu. Now about that nap...

I think for Peter's party, we may head to the park, but it depends on the weather. The first part of the week looks good, but rain is supposed to start by Tues/Wed. Not sure what Friday, my day off looks like.