Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cross Your Fingers




LUCKY




Lately we have been quite lucky, so lucky that I've been thinking about going out and buying a lottery ticket just to prove it.




In January we found out that Abby and Peter won the Cavity Free Awards from their dentist. The secretary said that they have never had siblings win in the same month. Peter won a super cool penguin, Abby received a $25 gift certificate to our favorite local toy store.




A couple weeks ago we found out that Michelle won the monthly birthday drawing, from the same super cool toy store. She received a fun t-shirt and a $75 gift certificate. What a fun shopping trip that was! (Couldn't find the picture of her in the newspaper and the photo of a photo didn't turn out well)




Friday night was our school's carnival. After several tries at the Hostess Hop (cake walk) Cristine won a cupcake. During the raffle ticket drawing I held mine with anxious hands. Could I continue the tradition? Would my I make my family proud? Then I heard it...33153...my number. I won the Twilight Bo0k Series. Woo Hoo, then rats, I already own them. When I walked to the raffle table the lady behind me said that she had really hoped to win them. So we made a quick switch. Instead of vampires I got 2 cookbooks. Hello, Cupcake! and Katie Brown's Weekends. I haven't looked through the Weekend's book, but we've already used a couple ideas from the cupcake book.
Yesterday on the way to the Little League Opening Ceremony, Michelle picked me a 2 leaf clover. She said I was halfway lucky. She was right. The raffle tickets I'd bought for baseball were losers. Luck only lasts so long.

8 comments:

Mom said...

Wow! You guys have been on a winning streak! But then I think all of you are winners. The cookbooks look like fun! Lucky you!

Deanne said...

that's awesome Heather, how fun for all of you!!! the cupcake book looks great! You'll have to tell us all how the other book is (I'm not familiar with it or the author).

Mom said...

Your new cupcake cookbook reminds me that cupcakes have become very popular items lately. I read the other day that different people here on the Wasatch Front have gone from making cupcakes and selling them on the web to opening cup cake bakeries. They sell nothing else. Amazing!

Unknown said...

That is awesome! I was thinking next time we come to visit you should have some cupcakes out for us to sample.. I don't know just an idea :)

Rima Family said...

Awesome! There couldn't be any better (or more deserving) recipients of "great luck" than your very sweet family! I'll keep my fingers crossed for your lucky streak to continue! The cookbooks look super fun too!

wendy said...

Lucky you! Put me in for the toy store birthday drawing....

fun books!

Unknown said...

Are you kidding me? I cannot think of even one thing I've ever won. Even for the cake walks at school when I was in young, I had to cheat during the cake walk in order to win anything. ;-)

Unknown said...

LOL! I guess it only goes for so long!