Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Pajamas (1 of 2 posts!)

I found these pictures the other day, cleaning out some old boxes of stuff I can't get rid of. My scanner is not hooked up, I can never really get it to work, so I took pictures of them. They are not the best quality, but my kids have had a lot of fun looking at them. (Erin you were so young and cute! You are about 9 months older than Christine in these photos!)

The photos are mostly from Christmas Eve 1991. I was home from BYU for the holidays. Not pictured is Laurie, I think she spent Christmas in Utah that year. This was our last holiday season in Modesto, CA. (next year I think all us McBride girls should get together to make our own Mr and Mrs. Clause heads!)

More lovely pajama pictures, Laurie gave me these HOTT jammies. Wendy, what's with the blue leg?
Another fun pj photo. Do you get yourself and spouse matching pj's? Will he wear them?

Do you get your kids new pajamas each year for Christmas? Do they match? Do you sew them? Do you open them up on Christmas Eve?
While growing up, for most years at least, I can answer yes. Do I sew my kids pajamas? No, I have a pattern for some pj bottoms, but have yet to try it. Do we give pj's? Usually. Do they match? Only if buying the same brand is considered matching. Do we open them on Christmas Eve? If I can remember which package they are. This year my mother-in-law wanted to get the kids something they could use, so I helped her pick out fun pj's. But since I'm not giving them, the kids won't be opening them until Christmas Day. Should I substitute anything else, or just ignore the tradition of one gift on Christmas Eve?

I'm not sure if I've ever taken pictures of my kids with their new pajamas. I think that will be my tradition this year, take a photo of the kids together in their new pj's!
Read on, I have another post!

4 comments:

Mary said...

I love those pictures! It makes me want to pull out my old ones to show the kids. The home-made matching pj's were always awesome! The year with the nightgowns always makes me think of Alvin and the Chipmunk outfits for some reason. And I love mom and dad in their matching jammies!

We do pajamas on CHristmas eve - those are the gifts I put in the cloth Christmas bags so I know which ones they are and don't have to guess. This year I totally meant to make pajama bottoms for every one, but it didn't happen. In years past, the kids have had matching jammies, but this year they are just getting sweats - not matching, but warm!

Unknown said...

I love the pictures too! I have to say that i am quite adorable! We got forest pjs for christmas this year; we are keeping the tradition alive! love you.

Anonymous said...

The Pictures are so fun! They bring back lots of memories. This year I thought we wouldn't get PJ's but our Primary is having a "Meet your New Teacher" activity on January 3rd. It's a pajama party with breakfast! So we need new PJ's. I'm going to go looking tomorrow.

wendy said...

We are Hawt! Love those jammies.

we all got jammies this year. I hope we took a photo...