Monday, September 8, 2008

Bringing Bling to Lunch


Last year Abby and Michelle picked out the same backpacks. At the time it was no big deal, Michelle kept her backpack mostly in her room and Abby's was kept downstairs with her school stuff in it. Fast forward to this school year. The backpacks were still in good shape, so we decided not to buy new ones. The 2nd day of school I put Abby's lunch in Michelle's backpack. Abby was called to the office to switch lunches with Michelle. Michelle didn't realize they were the exact same lunch. I had planned to buy new lunchboxes, since ours were smelling pretty funky. While debating whether to buy spider-man or insulated boxes, I had the thought to iron on the kids names. I zipped back to the craft section and found some fun iron-on styles. It took a bit longer than the instructions to get the letters to stick, the flap is quite thick and took a while for the heat of the iron to get through it. After putting the kids names on the lunch boxes I then put an A and M on the two girls backpacks. Now each morning I just have to match the right name to the right initial-way easier than guessing. Today was day 2 of my brilliant plan, in my still sleepy state I was able to quickly get the right lunch to the right backpack. Plus the letters are still attached and the kids thought they were very cool.

5 comments:

Deanne said...

LOVE the idea! Sounds like it was the perfect solution to your mixed-up problem. :) Actually, it alsoseems like a good idea for Mary's crafty blog too. :)

Mary said...

Such a great idea, and cute too! Way to go Heather! I'm going to link to this if that's okay with you :)

Chris and Melanie said...

Great idea! If only I were as crafty as you! ;)

Unknown said...

You're way too organized for me because I live in a general state of confusion. How do I handle such things? Girls have pink, boys have blue. That is my world. :-)

Rannie said...

Very cute lunch boxes. Great idea!
Love Attitude's first day of school outfit. Great pic!