Monday, August 4, 2008

Our ward had a camp out at Lost Lake. Although I've been there many times for bbq's and picnics I have never camped there. What a beautiful place. The only thing I could have improved was the bathrooms. Why haven't they upgraded to flushy toilets? Cristine and her super good friend. They had so much fun playing together.
Peter enjoyed fishing and roasting marshmellows.
A rare picture of me. (All of our camping pictures were taken by Abby)
Well almost all the pictures were taken by Abby.
Michelle roasting a marshmellow. Crissy eating a raw one.
While Abby, Peter and Rick went out fishing, Michelle Cristine and I went on a walk around the lake. I really wish I had taken my camera, when we had gotten most of the way around the lake, we had a beautiful view of Mt. Hood, pink from the sunset. http://lostlakeresort.org/about.php I also managed to read most of the Twilight series before we returned home, just in time for the 4th book to come out.
The potluck Friday night was incredible. Rick bbq'd several tri-tips and deep fried a turkey, which was the best one he's ever done (we'll see if he can do a repeat this Thanksgiving). There wasn't a huge turn out, but we had fun getting to know the families who camped with us. Next year I plan to pack 2 air mattresses so I don't end up on the ground again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, were you camped in a group camping area or individual? Where was the picture of you taken? Did you camp in a tent or your trailer? It looks so fun. No flushies but did you have showers?

orchard_girl said...

Mom-we camped in the group area. I was in a pavillion (sp?). We camped in our tent since our truck was getting a bed built for it and our suburban is STILL in the shop. No showers either.

Unknown said...

i love ward camp outs, i think they are so much fun! glad you guys were able to go!! can't wait to see you all

Chris and Melanie said...

We wanted to go so bad but we were out of town. I LOVE lost lake! We have never been camping there. One of these days! :)