Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Little Laundry Help Please!

No, I'm not going to ask you to help fold or put it away. Instead I need a bit of wisdom and advice.

Last night in celebration of my birthday, we went to a fun local pizza place. While there, we let the kids play the super cool video games. Peter spent a fist full of tokens trying to win a teddy bear for me. Michelle and Cristine tended to play the games with bright flashing lights, while Abby earned enough tickets to buy herself a million small erasers and a bucket of gaak (or is it slime or snot?). Much fun was had playing with that oozing sticky stuff.

When we arrived home, the kids were put through the bedtime routine and hustled off to bed. The gaak, supposedly, was placed on a dresser. This morning when Peter climbed out of bed, the slime was all over his sheets, blanket and shorts, reminiscent of special effects used in alien movies. Except aliens weren't blown to bits and the slime wasn't stuck on his face and hair.

Here's the questions: How in the heck do you get the slimy stuff out of fabric? I've washed it once. The sheets look pretty good, they were washed in warm water. The down blanket and shorts, both dark colors, were washed in cold water. The gaak is still firmly attached to those. Should I wash them again, but with warm water or give it up as a lost cause?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so cool that Abby was chosen to sing in the trio. and yahoo for summer break! love you guys and missed you this last weekend.
love the fields

Mary said...

What about rinsing the spots in some warmer water and trying to scrub them a bit? Otherwise, yikes, an alien explosion!

Your favorite sister said...

I wish I had some advice for you. But I don't. I wish you much luck though! :)

Super Happy Girl said...

SOrry, no help here :( Maybe google has the answer.

PS: Pictures ;)