Tuesday, June 17, 2008

End of the School Year Photos

This is what we made for the teachers; we wrapped mini roses in wrapping paper. We cut out a paper flower and wrote "Thank you for helping me grow". We taped those to skewers and poked them into the plants.
Peter's class went to the Portland Zoo. We rode a train. I now know why people hold their breath when driving through a tunnel. Steam engines stink. You hold your breath so you don't breath in any of the yucky air.
He also rode an 'elephant'. Not quite the cool elephant we rode at the San Diego Zoo, hey sisters anyone have a photo of that?
The zoo has a fun dinosaur exhibit for the summer. The dinosaur move and make noise. When Peter saw the T-rex, he ran right up to it, it's his favorite, as soon as he got close, it growled really loud and scared Peter. He jumped and ran back to me. A little girl in a stroller started crying and had to be carried out. Maybe it was too life like.
Hey buddy, cool dinosaur.
Watch for this one, he spits.

Abby's music teacher chose her to sing with a trio at the school concert. She was so excited. She did a great job. It was a fun bluesy song from the Wiz. She has a great bluesy, jazzy voice.
We've had a fun school year. The last two weeks have been out of control. 3 field trips, roller skating, class breakfasts and pj day, field day, clean out your desk day. etc. I'm tired and looking forward to a day of sleeping in before my friend and I start jogging at 6am.



4 comments:

Mary said...

I like the thank you flowers, very cute!

The zoo sounds fun - especially the dinosaurs. I love Peter's reaction to the t-rex!!

Chris and Melanie said...

The flowers are such a cute creative idea! I'll have try that one next year. :)

Rachel said...

What a cute idea with the flowers. We loved the dinos at the zoo too and the one that spits was my best friend on one of those really hot days we had a couple of weeks ago.

Super Happy Girl said...

"...looking forward to a day of sleeping in before my friend and I start jogging at 6am."
:D

Flowers, zoo, happy kids! YAY!!!