Monday, April 7, 2008

Michelle's Birthday and Technology

Michelle turned 5 on Friday. How did my sweet little girl grow up so quickly?
Standing in front of the birthday sign we hung on her bedroom door.
Some of our fun decorations. Doesn't that paper lamp look neat next to my mother-in-laws tile print?

Michelle was so excited for her birthday. She woke up at 6am, came into our room to tell us it was her Birthday. We hugged her and talked to her about the day she was born and other fun memories we have. At 6:30am the rest of the kids came into bed with us and we all told fun Michelle stories. Did you know she loves to play puppies?

Michelle had preschool, but Abby and Peter did not have school, it was grade preparation day (?), so they went wild with the balloons and crepe paper. When I arrived home from work, we quickly made a cake, ate dinner and celebrated Michelle's special day.


*******

My cell phone decided that yesterday should have been the start of daylight savings. This morning, I use it as my alarm clock, it woke me up at 5am. I didn't realize what time it actually was until after I woke everyone up and went downstairs to start breakfast. I finally looked at the clock on the stove, then looked at the clock on the microwave. I went back upstairs and told everyone to get back in bed. We then slept for 2 hours and I drove everyone to school, which then made me late for work. At 11am as a co-worker clocked in, I told her that she didn't start until 11am. I then realized it was 11am and not 10am as I thought. I still am very confused as to what time it is today. I should be serving dinner, it's 5:30pm, but I haven't started it yet.

Rick asked why I didn't notice how dark it was outside, I told him I don't open my eyes until I shower. He also said I shouldn't be so dependant on technology, but without it, I would sleep until 8am. Hopefully technology worked better for you today!

5 comments:

Mark and Tammy said...

Happy Birthday Michelle. It is fun that the girls share a birthday I didn't realize that. April is such a good month and it sounds like you guys have quite the busy month to keep up with and a lot of birthday celebration. Isnt it funny how when you are young you look forward to your birthday and when you are older you dread it.

Chris and Melanie said...

Happy b-day to Michelle! She is growing up so darn fast! It seems like yesterday to me that she was so little! They grow up way to fast.

wendy said...

Happy Birthday, Michelle!

You are getting so big! Did you get to eat your cake all up? Was it a puppy cake? John and Emily like to play puppies, too. Maybe you could come over and play!

Heather - I love your clock mix up. I am a slave to my watch. It wakes me up. It tells me when to pick up the kids and how long to water the lawn. When one of the kids borrow it, or when I set it down and lose it, then I am lost....

Mary said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! You have the cutest smile! I love that picture of her in front of her birthday sign. It sounds like she had a great day!

Heather, that story about your cell phone is so funny! Are you still confused, or have you figured out what time it is?

Deanne said...

Love the birthday sign! I may have to 'borrow' that idea for Mae's b-day next month.

We had a similar clock mix-up last year. But it happened on a Sunday and missed out on an hours worth of sleep. Bummer!