Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Quick Thoughts

I returned to work about a month ago. My mother-in-laws home, which we are now residing in, has suffered. I find that I am a great housekeeper when that is my only job. But once I returned to work, things have gone downhill. My laundry, which was once about nonexistent has exploded. I vacuum only once a week, without the same zest I previously had. Dusting has been left for another time, please don't look at the mantle or the ceiling fan. I've only been spot mopping the kitchen, and sweeping only when necessary. Kids toys seem to be everywhere except the boxes they should be in.

Super-mom-cook-housekeeper I am not. Staying afloat is my new goal. Maybe I'll try to get to that dusting today. Tending to the needs of my family, keeping peace with my mother-in-law and watching Rick's aunt Chiyoko slowly decline occupies much of my day. Adding a part-time job seems almost overwhelming, but it is nice to have a break from some of those I spend time with.

I was going to post a picture of Chiyoko and Hana, but blogger won't let me today. Maybe in a couple of weeks I'll get around to it, probably about the same time I decide to dust.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I don't know how you get as much done as you do! You have so much going on and I think you are a super mom!

Today I was just feeling like I am not keeping on top of things, but I have less going on! Maybe we should pray for someone to award our efforts with a free cleaning service or something lovely!

Deanne said...

I second the free cleaning service! I think motherhood is a challenge no matter what. I can't imagine having even a part-time job, let alone your additional responsibilities with extended family too! Whatever you are able to get done in a day is a major accomplishment in my book!

Unknown said...

Hey Heather i think we are going to come up with mom in April- so see you then! love you