Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Our Easter Experience

Easter this year had extra meaning. Rick's aunt, Chiyoko passed away last Tuesday, March 18th. We were sad to see her go, but know that she is finally free from the intense pain she was having. We were able to share our testimonies of Christ and the Resurrection with our kids as we talked about being able to see auntie Chiyoko once again. The Easter Bunny came with all his fun goodies to remind us that life does go on.
Fun cracker carrots the Easter Bunny added to the baskets.
Recreating our Easter Egg Hunt-ours actually took place Sunday inside. These photos were taken yesterday before Chiyoko's funeral.


Need to remember not to take pictures with such bad shadows.


7 comments:

Mary said...

Hey Heather, it was good to talk with you a minute today.

I'm glad Chiyoko's funeral went well, and despite that loss, that you guys had a nice Easter!

The pictures are so cute - I love the Easter dresses. And your kids are just beautiful and getting so big!

p.s. Is that quilt in the top picture the quilt pieced from that old one mom had? It looks lovely!

orchard_girl said...

Hooray a comment already!

Mary, you are right about the quilt, I just love it-don't look too closely, it is easy to tell my large stitches from mom and grandma's.

Deanne said...

I love the fun cracker carrots! What great outdoor pics of your kids!!!

Anonymous said...

Heather, I noticed the quilt right off too. The pictures are so cute. The kids are growing so fast. I can hardly wait to see you all.

Rima Family said...

Hi Heather, It sounds like your Easter this year really was a special one. All the pictures you posted are so pretty... from the ones of your adorable kids to the pictures of the darling baskets & the beautiful quilt!

I just love to read what you and your family are up to! I think I came across your e-mail address written on a little paper the other day. I will try my best to send photos to you soon! Love, Jennifer

Super Happy Girl said...

ITA agree with Jennifer.
Great pics :)

orchard_girl said...

Thanks for the nice comments.

Jenny, I'd love to hear from you! Maybe we can meet up in June.