Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Are you really Sick?


The only time our kids really like to share, is if germs are involved. Share a toy, no way! Share the glass I just drank out of, no problem! I think this is why we've been struggling for the last 2 weeks to get rid of a yucky cough.

Michelle and I stayed home from church 2 weeks ago since she was coughing and had a fever. Abby and Rick stayed home last Sunday with the same thing. Monday morning Peter woke up saying he was sick. He has a hard time waking up, and often complains of different ailments. Yesterday it was his ear, then his head, then his tummy, then he said he didn't like school, then he didn't like his teacher. This continued all morning as we looked him over, checked his throat, took his temperature. We delared him healthy enough to attend school and sent him out the door to catch the school bus.

Thirty minutes later the school called informing us that Peter had thrown up. I think the school could now offer a tour showing where our kids have each thrown up. Peter spent the rest of the day at home, throwing up once, but running around the house the rest of the day. Was he sick? I think so. But it is so hard sometimes to figure out if they should attend school.

8 comments:

wendy said...

It is so early when they head to school that there really isn't time to tell if they're sick or just tired.

Sometimes when one of mine seems totally sick at night and I keep her home, then they act fine all day. I never seem to call it right, but luckily no barfing at school (so far)

Mary said...

What a cute picture! You are right, kids sure do like to share germs. Nursery at church has provided many illnesses for our family!

Lindsey has had some spectacular pukes in public - it seems she waits to be sick until we decide to go out to eat with friends. Yuck-a.

Laurie said...

Your comment about a tour of the school made me laugh!

Deanne said...

I'm not quite there yet with the whole school thing, I'm just getting started since Mae is in kindergarten. It is a hard call. My brother and I were only allowed to stay home if we were puking up a lung or something totally legit like that. Mae was sick in December and I was reluctant to keep her home....see what my mom did to me?? :) Mae ended up staying home for two days....it was the real deal. Good thing my husband is a compassionate man to help me see that she truly was sick! :)

orchard_girl said...

We only have the older two in school, but three have puked there. Abby in the bathroom, Peter somewhere in the library. Cristine all over the gym floor, while watching the Christmas concert. YUCK!
Heather

orchard_girl said...

Hey Deanne, can I add your blog to my links?

Deanne said...

Sure!!!! I'll add you to mine too! Fun, fun!

erinmcbride7 said...

o Peter and I have so much incommon! i also liked to make up fake illnesses to stay home from high school! Towards the end of the school year mom stoped putting up with it completly!haha! love you heather!