Thursday, August 19, 2010

Brand New Pencils, Brand New Books

Ah, the smell of fresh pencils. Aren't these neat?
The kids have been wanting to buy school supplies ever since they saw workers unpacking them at the local W-mart. Today was the day and our bill was HUGE! We bought $10 worth of homework supplies (glue, markers, pencils) the rest was class supplies- yikes!
Some of our purchases: 12 dozen pencils, 13 glue sticks, 14 folders, tissues, paper plates, napkins, zip-lock bags, 2 reams copy paper.
At the end of the school year I try to box up things that are still usable like scissors and rulers. But this year I wasn't as organized. I think we bought enough supplies to outfit several small countries.
I still have some shopping left, a small simple calculator for Abby, lunchboxes and jeans. For some reason we keep outgrowing them.
Are your class lists as huge? Next year we will have 4 in school. Any bets on what we'll spend then?

3 comments:

Mary said...

Those pencils are really cool! Did you see the article on Design mom about the guy who is an "artisian pencil sharpener" and charges $15 to sharpen your pencils? Haha!

That is a huge school supply list. Paper plates!? I can only imagine buying that list times four! I finally found our last item - those rectangular pink erasers. Every store was out of them, but I was happy to find them while grocery shopping last night.

Deanne said...

I bought my kids supplies a few weeks ago. I totally skipped out on the gobs of other moms and kids by shopping early. But still, for two kids supplies I spent $75. I don't remember school lists being like this when we were kids.

Mom said...

I think it's amazing how you have to supply so much for your school supplies. It is crazy! I think it is just another way to tax you. The pencils are great! The pictures are fantastic! What cute kids you have. Nice trip to the coast.