Sunday, June 6, 2010

April and May

We got to go to Seattle to Rick's nephews wedding. It was cold and rainy as the couple walked out of the temple. Then the sun broke through the clouds and made picture taking more enjoyable.

When I was young, on a family vacation, my parents took us to the Seattle Temple. We spent an afternoon walking around it, enjoying the feeling of peace, the beautiful landscaping and the fun statues. While we were inside for the sealing, our kids walked around outside. They made movies with their i-pods of the beautiful grounds. The movies are funny, I think they were trying to see how long of a movie they could make. At times I think they forgot they were filming, the picture is sideways, upside down etc.

I am grateful that our children were able to be there with us. I am also proud and excited for Cody and Amy, thank you for setting such a great example for our kids!

Abby is now 11! Can you believe it? I can't believe how grown up she is, she is just beautiful. She is very excited for Middle School. Choosing which electives she wanted was really hard. I cannot believe how many different choices she had. Mountain Biking, Asian Art, Sign Language, Climbing Wall, Wind Sports, Newspaper, Oceanography, Band, French, Spanish, plus many many more. I think we had all of 5 choices.


Peter is now 9. He is very excited about the upcoming Cub Scout camp.

He asked for a Pikachu cake. Pikachu, Dinosaurs and Dragons are his favorite things.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow those are some really fun electives! Oceanography is fun and you get to go on an overnight trip to the coast. She should do mountain biking since she just got a new bike :)

Mary said...

What a fun update! The pictures are great!

I can't believe the electives Abby has to choose from - wowee!

Rima Family said...

This is a fun update, Heather! I'm so glad you were able to go up to Seattle to your nephew's wedding. It's so beautiful up there. Sounds like your kids enjoyed it so much!

Abby is beautiful! I can't believe she's going to middle school. Next year will be Young Women's! Peter is such a handsome young man. I love his pikachu cake. My boys love pokemon too!

wendy said...

Heather - we are having a blast looking though pictures of your kids. John is very excited to meet his awesome boy cousin! He wants you to tell Peter that he likes Pokemon too. My kids are so excited to see your kids this summer!