Sunday, July 13, 2008

Birdhouses, Bikes and Bubbles

For school this week we, painted. Yes, that is a smiley on the birdhouse.

The kids have been riding their bikes a lot this summer. Peter is great at riding on our dirt roads and driveways.

Michelle is telling Rick all the reasons why she needs a 2-wheeler. She must have been convincing because yesterday we went to the bike shop and got her a super cute pink and purple bike-with streamers-need to get some photos of her on it.
We've also been busy blowing bubbles. I think we have tried most every brand and style of bubbles and bubble wands, large, small, no spill, gazillion bubbles etc. Rick's sister bought these for our kids, bubble wands for use at W-mart. I thought they were great. Your hand stays dry and you get lots of large bubbles, two important factors for me.

4 comments:

Mary said...

I'm so happy to see a post with lots of family pictures on it! Such sweet kids!

The first shot of the birdhouses is really great. That's a sweet project!

Oh, and we totally loved those walmarto bubble wands - only $1 and the best bubbles around. Too bad I didn't stock up.

Deanne said...

I love the smiley birdhouse, very cute!

Anonymous said...

I love the painted birdhouses - they look so beautiful in amongst the greenery. So how is Michelle doing on her bike by now? The pictures are great - I love the one with Michelle and Rick, or is it Kristene and Rick? I think birhouses make great Christmas presents - hint, hint.

Chris and Melanie said...

Those are so so SO cute!!!!! Great idea too! :)