Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Abby's Field Trip

Last week I got to go with Abby's class on a field trip. It is fun to live in an area where these amazing sites are just minutes from our home.

The Vista House at Crown Point.
Picture of the class, teachers and parents at the Vista House.
Giant sturgeon at the Bonneville Fish Hatchery. This guy said he wanted me to take him home for a BBQ.
Upper Horse Tail Falls. This was a quick hike. I'd like to try this with the family. It is a little steep, but beautiful. The trail takes you behind this waterfall.
Multnomah Falls is just beautiful. Whenever we drive by on I-84, I always try to take take a look at it.
Abby at Benson bridge, (notice it in the above photo) watching as the water cascades down the lower falls.
I had a great time, the bus ride was loud (note, next month for Peter's zoo trip take a pair of ear plugs). Each stop was quick, but our guide from the Portland Audubon Society, was very knowledgeable and kept the kids interested. Every year I vow to hike the gorge more, but we usually only make one or two hikes. This summer I'd like to try a few more hikes, anyone want to meet up at Eagle Creek?

6 comments:

Mary said...

Those pictures are great! I love the gorge, it is so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to take a hike with you. Lets go to Horse tail falls - it looks beautiful. The pictures are beautiful and the field trip sounds like fun. Good for you for going with Abby! Mom

wendy said...

Wow heather! You live in such a beautiful place! What a cute picture of abby.

Super Happy Girl said...

Going to Multnomah Falls is always awesome, no matter what time of the year.

Rima Family said...

Wow, this is what I would call a "real" fieldtrip! -Gorgeous scenery too! I'm glad you were able to go along with Abby on her trip!

Your favorite sister said...

Hi Heather!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your pictures are to die for and I can not tell you how much I miss the Gorge!! I took it for granted when I lived there.
Your orchard is gorgeous and your kids are sooo cute.

Stake conference can be a nightmare with kids. Trust me, getting through sacrament for us is a miracle. I am sure my parents appreciated you being there.

I miss chitchatting with you at Safeway. I use to always look for you when I was in there.

I didn't know that Rick came to Guam. I am sure it has changed a tad since he was here! LOL!